ANAW is an equal opportunity employer.
Animal Welfare calls for passion and ability to work under strict deadlines to achieve a task at hand. Willingness to be hands-on is a key requirement for all positions at ANAW.
Some positions require extensive travel across the country.
ANAW strictly prohibits discrimination of any form as far as employment is concerned; whether based on color, race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We look forward to having you join our enthusiastic team of animal welfare experts.
Keep looking out for available positions here!
JOB VACANCY – RESOURCE MOBILIZATION DIRECTOR – Application Deadline 6th February 2018
A Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and working in Kenya and in the Africa region is seeking to employ a qualified Resource Mobilization Director.
Resource mobilization strategy and systems development:
- Developing and maintaining a current understanding of ANAW’s programs and grantees across the organization in all of the regions in which operations are conducted.
- Anchoring on ANAW’s institutional resource mobilization strategy, assist in the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between ANAW and its donors.
- Contribute to and review ANAW’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilization.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, take initiatives to expand ANAW’s current donor base, through effective stewardship and new funding opportunities as may be developed to grow donor support for ANAW.
- Working with other key Directors/Managers, develop concept notes, proposals and budgets, which drive the achievement of ANAW’s strategic plan and align with both ANAW and donor priorities.
- Prospecting multilateral, bilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of donors as a foundation for resource mobilization efforts. Includes gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis ANAW;
- Organize briefings, meetings, visit and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and ANAW requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting.
Leadership Support and External Engagement:
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with ANAW’s Communication Unit and Strategy & Monitoring Unit, to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities.
- Support the Executive Director and Senior Directors in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to Senior Management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
- Represent ANAW at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving ANAW’s strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in International Development, Communications, Strategic Planning, Public Finance, Public Administration, Community Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field; Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- High-level experience of at least 2 years in international development, marketing, advocacy, communication, and endowment fund management, small enterprise development or investment management with demonstrable success.
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English;
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of ANAW with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams; Promoting Humane Treatment of All Animals;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Optimistic and persuasive;
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Download this Job Vacancy here : RESOURCE MOBILIZATION DIRECTOR
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 6th February 2018:
The Recruitment Committee,
Africa Network for Animal Welfare,
P.O. Box 3731- 00506 Nairobi, Kenya,